Well, here I go!
I hope I can do this! I am about to bare all! Here is my story~
I have struggled with my weight since I was in high school. I was never really "big", I was a swimmer so I had muscle, but I was never "skinny!" After graduation, I moved to Maryland to be a nanny! Fun yes, lonely YES! So I found my comfort in food! Mass quantities of food! Bags of chips in a sitting....3, 4 king size candy bars, fast food, you name it I consumed it! When I came home after a year, I put on 40lbs!
When I came to the point of really looking at myself, I ate because I looked the way I did! I had an older sister that was a stick and a mom that had gone though Weight Watchers and was also a stick and then there was me! So of course I ate more because it was what I did best! (By no means am I using them as an excuse. I put the weight on all by myself.)
Then I met my husband at collage! He was all of 145lbs. Can we say intimidating? After we got married and starting having babies the weight continued to pile on. I tried all sorts of "diet pills", quick weight loss tricks you name it! Then after my second son was born, I went on a Dr. prescribed diet pill! Hallelujah! Something that worked....I went from a size 18/20 to a 16 and I felt great! I was out walking and loving the new me! Well, to make the happy story sad, I stopped taking the pill and all that weight came back and then some A LOT of some!
By now, I was having my 3rd baby and put on even more weight with that pregnancy. (I have to say though with my pregnancies with the boys I never gain a pound, in fact with my first I lost 20lbs and with the second I lost 25lbs.)
Between the stress of kids, working , a marriage, I found my comfort still in food. It was the one thing that I could always count on.
Now, I'm about to change that! So if you want to come along with me on my new adventure, I would love to have you! Like I said, if I can encourage just one person, then my story has done its job!
Here I go..........................
16 years ago

Hey Tracy it is your stick sister who by the way was loosing the edge also and am also finding myself having to work out and to keep an eye on my intake..... Age Sucks Hey!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway what I want to tell you is that I am very very proud of you. I love you and want you around for a long long time... I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!! Anything I can do to help you stay motivated please call me..
Thanks! I love you too!
ReplyDelete